Contact journeys around the world at 1.877.452.8708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exploring Umbria off-the-beaten path...through treasures that can only truly be appreciated up close - on two feet and two wheels. Our Family Adventure begins with leisurely walks through vineyards, along centuries old footpaths and into tiny hamlets frozen in time. Our adventure continues, biking from village to village, through olive groves and lush green farmland. Art and history abound and we are free to stop into the churches for a glimpse of the glorious past, or linger in the villages, enjoy a cappuccino in the piazza, taste-test artisan olive oils and sip the local vino...a true slice of the Umbrian way of life - by foot and by bike.
• Biking through olive groves and vineyards
• Walking through the vineyards of Montefalco
• Visting the medieval paper maker just around the corner from our inn
• Wandering the narrow streets of Assisi and Spello
• Tasting extra virgin Umbrian olive oils at the agriturismo
Olive oil tasting with Professor Ciri, a local producer of organic olive oil.
Touring the pink city of Assisi and viewing Giotto's famous frescoes.
Biking through the Lungarotti vineyards.
A private tour of Andrea's family workshop in Deruta, a center for hand-painted majolica ware. Hotels include:
• Villa Zuccari, a meticulously restored 16th century villa and 4 star hotel (2 nights).
• Le Tre Vaselle, a 5-star property with indoor and outdoor pools, terraces and warm hospitality (3 nights).
Remaining 2009 Date: Aug 3-7
Length: 5 days/4 night
Level: Gently rolling terrain; a few hills.
Daily Mileage: 4-12 miles walking and 15-40 miles biking.
Single Supplement: $600
Meals: All breakfasts, all dinner but 1; picnic lunch.
Hotels: 4 & 5 star inns.
Minimum Age: 8 years
Journeys Around The World
Portland, OR 97224
(503) 620-8700 in Oregon